Friday, November 21, 2014

Library Student Employees Make a Difference

Asbury University - Kinlaw Library student assistants are very important members of the Kinlaw Library staff. The tasks they perform are critical to the efficient and successful operation of the library. Whether at a service desk, on the phone, or performing other tasks or projects, student employees are very important and appreciated. Meet our talented library student assistants and learn about the exciting projects they are working on. Enjoy!

  Ashley Hibbert

What is your job title?
 Circulation Student Assistant
In what section or unit of Kinlaw Library do you work?
  Circulation Desk
What is your student job in a nutshell?
   I assist patrons with locating resources, checking out materials, and utilizing Library resources.
What are you working on right now?
  I am creating a display of Christmas books in the Children's Collection.
How long have you been at Kinlaw Library?
    This is my first semester.
Have you held any other jobs with Asbury University?
   Yes, I've worked on the Audio / Visual support team in the Miller Communication Arts Center.
Do you have a favorite accomplishment at Kinlaw Library?
   Helping patrons to find a book that they are looking for always gives me a sense of accomplishment.
What is your major, and intended date of completion?
    My major is Media Comm and I intend to complete my degree in May 2016.
What career/s are you interested in?
    I am interested in corporate production.
What are your passions or interests outside of work and school?
    I love to serve on the tech team at church, spend time with friends, and be outdoors.
What is the last book you read, or the last book you loved?
   A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead.  It is a children's book, but it brings a smile to my face every time I read it!