Monday, November 17, 2014

Library Student Employees Make a Difference

Asbury University - Kinlaw Library student assistants are very important members of the Kinlaw Library staff. The tasks they perform are critical to the efficient and successful operation of the library. Whether at a service desk, on the phone, or performing other tasks or projects, student employees are very important and appreciated. Meet our talented library student assistants and learn about the exciting projects they are working on. Enjoy!

  Berenice Heinlein


What is your job title?
 Curriculum Lab Assistant
In what section or unit of Kinlaw Library do you work?
  King Curriculum Lab
What is your student job in a nutshell?
   I shelve and organize books and materials. I specifically work with the fines and records.
What are you working on right now?
  Fines.
How long have you been at Kinlaw Library?
    I have been working here for about 2 and a half years.
Have you held any other jobs with Asbury University?
   Yes, I currently also work as an academic coach and as a tutor. Last year I was the RA of Lower Glide in Glide-Crawford female dormitory. I served my time in the cafeteria my Freshman and Sophomore year.
Do you have a favorite accomplishment at Kinlaw Library?
   I created a system for managing overdue books and fines. Last year I decorated the board by the door of the library. I loved creating interactive and three-dimensional bulletin boards to encourage reading.
What is your major, and intended date of completion?
    I am an Elementary Education Major with an emphasis in Teaching English as a Second Language.
What career/s are you interested in?
    I am interested in teaching in lower income school as a general education teacher where there are many children learning English as a second language. I would also be interested in becoming a school principal.
What are your passions or interests outside of work and school?
    I love music!  I am passionate about singing and dancing and I currently sing with the Asbury Chorale as an Alto. I enjoy anime and games such as D&D or board games. I truly enjoy going to festivals in Lexington and going on adventures.
What is the last book you read, or the last book you loved?
   I recently read The Giver by Lois Lowry for the first time because many others have read it in childhood. It was great.