Monday, November 3, 2014

Library Student Employees Make a Difference

Asbury University - Kinlaw Library student assistants are very important members of the Kinlaw Library staff. The tasks they perform are critical to the efficient and successful operation of the library. Whether at a service desk, on the phone, or performing other tasks or projects, student employees are very important and appreciated. Meet our talented library student assistants and learn about the exciting projects they are working on. Enjoy!

  Charlotte Lewis


What is your job title?
  Circulation Desk Student Assistant
In what section or unit of Kinlaw Library do you work?
   I work at both the Circulation Desk and the Reference Desk.
What is your student job in a nutshell?
I greet people, I check out and renew books. I shelve books and organize them according to Dewey Decimal call numbers.  At the Reference Desk I answer any questions.
What are you working on right now?
   I am learning more about the Reference section and how to help students with answers for their questions.
How long have you been at Kinlaw Library?
    One and a half years.
Have you held any other jobs with Asbury University?
  No.
Do you have a favorite accomplishment at Kinlaw Library?
   I co-decorated the community bulletin board and the Hiccup Too coffee cart.
What is your major, and intended date of completion?
  I am a middle school education major with emphasis in Math and Social Studies.  Graduate in May of 2017.
What career/s are you interested in?
   I want to be a middle school teacher.
What are your passions or interests outside of work and school?
I love to read - not that I ever have time!  I help teach the elementary Sunday school class at church.
What is the last book you read, or the last book you loved?
  Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, and The Supreme Court by William Rehnquist (for Political Science)