Friday, October 31, 2014

Library Student Employees Make a Difference

Asbury University - Kinlaw Library student assistants are very important members of the Kinlaw Library staff. The tasks they perform are critical to the efficient and successful operation of the library. Whether at a service desk, on the phone, or performing other tasks or projects, student employees are very important and appreciated. Meet our talented library student assistants and learn about the exciting projects they are working on. Enjoy!

Jenna Dillman


What is your name and title?
    Jenna Dillman - Curriculum Lab Assistant
In what section or unit of the Kinlaw Library do you serve?
    King Curriculum Lab
What is your student job in a nutshell?
     Create a welcoming environment to whoever comes into the curriculum lab by locating books and finding sources that will help them the most in their work.
What are you working on right now?
    A display above the children's books.
How long have you been at Kinlaw Library?
     This is my first semester.
Have you held any other jobs with Asbury University?
     No, this is my first job with Asbury University.
Do you have a favorite accomplishment at Kinlaw Library?
     I feel so accomplished when I work on a display and it turns out great! :)
What is your major, and intended date of completion?
     Elementary Education, Spring 2016
What career/s are you interested in?
     I am interested in being an elementary teacher.
What are your passions or interests outside of work and school?
     When I am not busy with school and work, I take advantage of the time I have to spend time with my friends and build memories with the people around me.
What is the last book you read, or the last book you loved?
    The last book I read was The Chance by Karen Kingsbury.